College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
In certain cases, Rider University accepts credits earned through the College Level Examination Program.
Lawrenceville students should consult with the academic dean to determine if credit may be awarded. Typically, a minimum score of 50 is required on any individual examination.
Princeton students who have earned scores of at least 65 on tests prior to entering Westminster Choir College may apply these courses toward graduation. Students are limited to three credits per course unless additional credit is specifically authorized by the department. After enrolling at Westminster, students must obtain advance written approval from the department in order to earn credit through CLEP.
The following policies govern the awarding of academic credit for CLEP Examinations for Princeton students:
- Credit will be provided for the successful completion of CLEP Subject Examinations, provided the student has not already received credit for corresponding courses;
- A college course may not be taken for credit if the student has already received credit for the course through CLEP;
- Continuing students must obtain approval from their academic dean prior to taking CLEP examinations;
- Awarding of CLEP credits, like credit transferred from other colleges and universities, is subject to the approval of the student’s academic dean;
- Juniors or seniors generally may not obtain CLEP credits. Students having CLEP credits or contemplating CLEP exams should consult with their academic dean.
Students having CLEP credits or contemplating CLEP exams should consult with their academic dean.