Rider University has a 13-week semester, followed by seven days of examinations. Rider uses the true number of minutes per hour-long session; i.e., a one-hour meeting is actually 60 minutes. Three-credit classes meet for 60, 90, or 180 minutes, corresponding to, respectively and typically, 3, 2, or 1 meeting(s) per week.
In the Westminster College of the Arts all performance courses receive credit:
- All ensembles receive 1 credit
- Other performance-based courses receive 1-3 credits
- A full-semester Student Teaching experience receives 12 credits.
- Westminster Choir College students enrolled in LL 037, MTH 100S, PI 045, or TH 045 receive credit toward their semester course load, but such credits do not count toward graduation.
- Applied music instruction receives 1-3 credits.