Business Honors Program
Each fall, approximately 25 students who have applied for and have been accepted to Rider University’s College of Business Administration will be invited to participate in the Business Honors Program. These students will be chosen based on their SAT scores and high school GPA's. An additional ten students will be chosen after the end of the fall semester based on GPA.
The selected students will take the following sequence of honors courses beginning in the fall of their freshman year:
|Class Standing||Semester||Honors Courses|
|Freshman||Fall||Freshman Seminar, CIS 185, ECO 200 and CBA 110|
|Spring||ECO 201 and MKT 200|
|Sophomore||Fall||ACC 210 and MGT 201|
|Junior||Fall||BUS 300 and CIS 385|
|Senior||BUS 444, BUS 400 and Senior Honors Thesis|
In order to successfully complete the honors program, a student will have to do the following:
- Complete eight of the eleven of the honors courses above (not including BUS 444), one of which must be BUS 400. Students that enter in the Fall of their sophomore year must complete six core honors courses.
- Complete a non-core CBA honors course (BUS 444).
- Complete an honors thesis.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.4 in all honors courses.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.4 overall.
Upon successful completion of the honors program, a student will receive a special honors designation on his/her transcript, an honors award, and special recognition at graduation.